9.04.2012

First Project: Fall Skirt



This is very exciting as it is my first entry in the blog! I wanted to start by showcasing my effort to get back into sewing and designing and I apologize for lack of pictures and next time I will be on top of it!


The picture above is just the beginning stages of my design with my sketch of the skirt. Once I had my design done, I had to draft a pattern and create a muslin(It became very popular at the end of the 18th century in France. Muslin is most typically an unbleached or white cloth, produced from carded cotton yarn. It is often used to make sewing patterns, such as for clothing)to sew the pattern together for fit and any pattern issues i may have.




Here is my finished muslin skirt which i was happy with so it was time to pick a fabric. After spending a few hours in the queen west fabric shops with my sister i finally decided on fabrics. Again, next time i will post what the fabric I choose was.

 


Now it was time to just assemble it! I am starting with a fairly simple design so it maybe took about 3 hours to sew the skirt in total.





Ta da! I completed my first project. A vintage-esque burnt orange with lace accent skirt which will be perfect for fall. I went on a photoshoot at a nearby park and at first I felt so awkward in front of the camera and Kyle's words of wisdom were "Your not going to be america's next top model right away." But overall i started to feel more comfortable near the end and so here are some shots!


Me and my babydog Chloe!



If you look in the back you can see the CN tower!


Up close and personal





[powered by: F*cked up-Invisible Leader ]


No comments:

Post a Comment